Healthy Start Data Collection Forms (formerly called Screening Tools) Updated 4/1/2020
On March 3, 2020, the Division of Healthy Start & Perinatal Services (DHSPS) released the new, OMB-approved Healthy Start Data Collection Forms. In the last two weeks of April, with support from the Healthy Start TA & Support Center, DHSPS will provide trainings on the new data collection forms. Final dates and times for those trainings are to come.
Prior to the trainings, please take the next few weeks to familiarize yourself with the new forms and submit any questions you might have regarding the forms here. DHSPS and the Healthy Start TA & Support Center will try to address your questions in the upcoming trainings, and compile answers to all of your questions into a Q&A document, which will be posted to the EPIC website.Click here to submit questions
Goals of New Data Collection Forms
The new data collection forms were created with extensive input from grantees via the public comment periods with the following goals:
- Reduce the burden of client-level data collection by simplifying, streamlining, and consolidating the former six tools into just three forms—Background Information, Prenatal, and Parent/Child
- Provide a more clear focus on program performance and other mission-critical goals
- Facilitate and increase accuracy in reporting
HRSA has given the Healthy Start TA Center permission to post the OMB approved versions of these forms here for easy access. These are available below.
- Background Information Form (doc) (Feb 2020)
- Prenatal Form (doc) (Feb 2020)
- Parent/Child Form (doc) (Feb 2020)
Many thanks to all who have contributed to the creation and implementation of the new data collection forms, including Healthy Start grantees, MCHB staff and leadership, Healthy Start CoIIN members, and NICHQ/HS TA Center Staff.