The Healthy Start TA & Support Center (TASC) is pleased to host a Trauma-informed, Resilience-Oriented and Equitable Care Community of Practice (TIROE CoP). The goal of the TIROE CoP is to support Healthy Start grantees in adopting and implementing trauma-informed, resilience-oriented, and equitable principles and practices; in an effort to strengthen and enhance Healthy Start service delivery, improve client and staff engagement and retention, and advance equity among Healthy Start communities.
The TIROE CoP will consist of 10 monthly virtual learning sessions from May 2021 to January 2022 (two sessions in January); individual team coaching calls; and monthly Implementation Team meetings (to be scheduled internally). Participants will be required to complete team assignments, which will be shared during the virtual learning sessions. The virtual learning sessions and coaching calls will be held on the following dates:
- Learning Session 1: May 17, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Coaching Call 1: May 2021, dates TBD
- Learning Session 2: June 21, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Coaching Call 2: June 2021, dates TBD
- Learning Session 3: July 19, 3:30-5 p.m. ES
- Learning Session 4: August 16, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Coaching Call 3: August 2021, dates TBD
- Learning Session 5: September 20, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Learning Session 6: October 18, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Coaching Call 4: October 2021, dates TBD
- Learning Session 7: November 15, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Learning Session 8: December 13, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Coaching Call 5: December 2021, dates TBD
- Learning Session 9: January 17, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- Learning Session 10: January 31, 3:30-5 p.m. EST
Who Should Apply
The TIROE CoP will consist of 10 Healthy Start projects. Each project will submit one application. Each project will convene an Implementation Team to support implementation of the TIROE initiative within its Healthy Start program. We recommend that each Implementation Team include:
- A Project Director or Manager
- Two staff members (CAN Coordinator, Case Manager, Home Visitor, Community Health worker, Fatherhood Coordinator, etc.)
- One to two Healthy Start program participants with lived experience
- One person identified to collect, analyze, and disseminate data
- The Project Director or Manager will be expected to participate in at least 3 of the 10 virtual learning sessions.
- The two staff members will be expected to participate in all 10 virtual learning sessions.
- The Healthy Start program participant(s) and person responsible for data will not be involved directly with the TIROE CoP.
- The person responsible for data may be one of the two staff members or the Project Director/Manager, as long as they understand their dual roles.
Commitment & Expectations
- Designate two program staff who will participate in the 10 monthly 1.5-hour virtual CoP learning sessions. The two program staff must commit to full participation in the CoP over the 9-month period, in addition to participating in individual program and/or group coaching calls.
- The Implementation Team should meet at least once a month for approximately two hours. This time will be spent developing, implementing, and monitoring your program’s TIROE initiative work plan.
- The Implementation Team will meet five times with CoP Faculty, Linda Henderson-Smith, PhD, LPC, for 1-hour virtual coaching calls.
- To ensure leadership support and change implementation, the Project Director or Program Manager will need to commit to participating in 3 CoP virtual meetings over the course of the 10-month CoP, in addition to participating in all-program Implementation Team meetings. These meetings will include the Learning Session 1, Learning Session 5, and Learning Sessions 9 or 10.
- The Implementation Team will develop a TIC initiative work plan, which will be used to guide all work throughout and following the TIC CoP.
- Programs will be expected to collect and monitor data relevant to a baseline organizational self-assessment and to conduct another assessment at completion of the CoP. Programs should also monitor progress toward goals laid out in the work plan, and be prepared to share details periodically.
If you are interested in participating in the TIROE CoP, please complete this application by COB Friday, 4/2. Please note:
- You must receive your Project Director’s approval before submitting the application
- Only complete the application if you (and all members of your Implementation Team) are prepared to commit to participating in the TIROE CoP from May 2021 through January 2022.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].